Tuesday, February 3, 2015

I guess I'll make a blog

Today was another day off of school due to extreme wintry weather. My day was spent going to the gym (I'm on a trial week membership), eating Greek yogurt, watching the last hour of Boyhood, and considering the pros and cons of blogging. Obviously the pro side won.

So I woke up this morning feeling extremely hungry. I think it's the first time in a while that I've had hunger pangs so early. That kale crap last night did not fill me up.

I shoveled out my car and my boyfriend's car for about thirty five minutes. Then he sped off into a blur of snow/slush and I went to get an iced coffee from Dunks.


The lady looked at me crazy for ordering an iced coffee on an 8 degree day, but whatever. 

I eventually trekked in the snow to the gym. I ran a slow 5k, did some lunges and squats to Kanye, Big Sean, and Jay Z's verses of "Clique" and called it a day. The snow sucked, by the way. 

Mountains of snow. Sorta looks pretty...

Until your feet are soaked with frozen pollution snow.

Anyway, this is when I decided I should write a blog. Because I was coming home from the gym, famished, and ready to do some serious damage to the fridge. My boyfriend wasn't there to feed me distorted compliments, my mother wasn't there to lecture. That's when I realized that perhaps I could use the power of social media and nameless, random people to revitalize me. Maybe people people would find my posts entertaining, or helpful? All I know is today's birth of my blog prevented me from swallowing 10 Twix bars over the past two hours.

To eat for a post-workout lunch: I blended a smoothie- ice, frozen berries (strawberry, raspberry, strawberry), OJ (probably not clean), banana, chia seeds (I guess they're high in fiber). And some kale leaves. 

The problem is I really can't tell the difference between kale, chard, and spinach (though the salad bag features an illustrative glossary). 

I'm just putting any and all of this green shit in.


Here was the result:

Pineapple not included.
And so that's where I am as of now.

Hungry.  

Feeling lighter.  

Eating too many almonds than allowed according to the Clean Eating snack guide. 

Proud I went to the gym.

Annoyed by the horrible gridlock traffic outside my apartment due to the lack of snow cleanup. Nice work, Boston.

Pissed that it's hard to find a good name for this blog's address because I missed the "blog train" when it was cool to publish trivial musings, and so now I'm stuck with heffers.blogspot.com. But let's face it... it works because the whole point of doing this is so I can say I didn't spend the entirety of my twenties as a heffer...

My original blog address didn't work.


Wondering why my mint leaves in my mint and cucumber water look like shriveled up blades of marijuana. 
   
Can you tell which one is mine and which one is Khloe Kardashian's?


Okay. Time to cook something that won't fill me up at all.



No comments:

Post a Comment