Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Day three of eating clean-ish

Last night, we made the chicken lettuce wraps as the BuzzFeed Clean Eating Challenge outlines here. We were supposed to use cabbage leaves, but well, fuck you, cabbage.

I didn't know what cabbage looked like at the grocery/ didn't really care to search. There are so many rows of weird species of plants I've never even heard of in the produce sections of groceries. I obviously know what cabbage is, but here's a real recipe for ya: mix in spiky, octagonal fruits and dick look-alike horseradish, and like, a million people trying to do their grocery shopping pre-Linus snowstorm and Patriots Super Bowl, you've got a delightful I don't fucking care about cabbage leaves, we'll just be lucky if I get out of here without punching this guy's son in the face for pushing his shopping cart up my ass.

Yes, I searched "radish that looks like a dick" into Google. Weirder things have been searched.

 
Here was our chicken, mango, basil, lime vinaigrette mix. 

I also added in red and orange bell peppers, and some fresh cilantro leaves.

.


Except after, my boyfriend was starving like this:

Still hungry.

Then, I shit you not, I woke up in the middle of the night (or morning, around 4 AM) hollow as fuck, in desperate need of food. I can't remember the last time I woke up from being hungry. Never. That has never happened.

Today was the first day back teaching after living in a dream world of snow, and I brought a Greek yogurt parfait to wolf down for breakfast. I've never been a big breakfast person, so it took a lot of energy to force myself to eat the whole thing. I included: Greek yogurt, rolled oats, a splash of skim milk, blueberries, raspberries, and strawberries.

I was very hungry by 10 AM, which is my "prep period." In the biz, this is a term that is synonymous  with "hurry, you have 40 minutes to pee, eat a snack, grade a stack of quizzes, and plan for the next three lessons ALL AT THE SAME TIME."



For lunch (you won't believe this), I ATE ANOTHER GREEK YOGURT. I think I'm overdoing it with this nasty, plain whipped textured crap. So I sprinkled in some trail mix (yes, M&M's, peanuts, almonds) onto the top. 

When lunchtime rolls around (noon), I have no time to eat, and I spend my time problem-solving teachery things. I would have loved to enjoy the feta basil tomato lunch that BuzzFeed suggests.

At 2:20, I eat an apple and drink a seltzer. Then I can't take it anymore. I eat some of these that I stored in my desk before my clean eating epiphany of mid-January:

Absolutely NOT on the clean eating list.


But they were so good. Still very hungry, I could either go home and fuck this entire thing apart, eat pretty much anything and everything I could find in my apartment, until finally finding myself sobbing in a fetal position as I permanently delete this blog from the cyberverse. 

In other words, I could quit.

So instead, I dragged myself to yoga a good 90 minutes before class began. I go to Corepower Yoga because it's heated yoga, the studio is fantastic, and the classes are only one hour long.

Don't let the cute photo fool you; I bulged out of my little yoga tank from Old Navy the entire class. I still have lots of work to do here, people.

I came home in a somewhat happy mood, and cooked the salmon recipe with lentils. Except with swordfish. And with snow peas instead of green beans. Boyfriend was happier with this meal. But then again, he also was able to fattily enjoy some Ben and Jerry's after dinner. Whereas I was exiled to blog about my successes/failures while my tummy continues to growl.

"I'm fine with this inadequate meal because I'm going to consume 800 calories of Americone Dream after."

No comments:

Post a Comment